28th Annual Clambake
- Your team's division
- If you are a mixed team, would you be willing to come as a separate Open & Women's team if you don't get in as mixed?
- $600 total tourney fee
- $200 deposit check, payable to Red Tide (please write your team name on the check!). The remaining $400 is due on tourney day.
- Bids should be mailed to:
89 Crestview Dr
Portland, ME 04103
- Service Bids. These get more popular every year, for the obvious reason that they make it easier on all of us. You can offer to clean up trash at the fields, clean up dinner, make the heads we use for cones, clean up the party, fold up tables, etc. Basically, if almost every team has one task during the weekend where they have to work, then the rest of the time they kick back and enjoy others' efforts. Be creative, try to think of what else might help us throw a bigger, better bash.
- Party Bids. We need at least 18 kegs, and kegs ain't cheap, especially because we only buy top quality microbrews. If you're willing to donate a keg or 5, we can save that money and donate it to Special Olympics. Other party-related bids teams do are to serve the beer, cook the food, bake desserts for 600, etc.
- Donations. This one's easy. Give a donation to Special Olympics. We're trying to raise $10,000 this year, and it ain't easy. Our locals can never get much over the $5,000 mark. For many years we had 2 or 3 teams that donated $2,000 each, and it was a huge help. It's not hard - have everyone on your team solicit donations from friends, family, and businesses, and you often can find people who can get a matching donation from their work. If you don't want to deal with the creative bid process, and don't feel like lifting a finger all weekend, then this is an easy, guaranteed way to get in. No matter who you are, we'll make sure that the team who pledges the largest amount gets in - it's that easy!
- Enhance the Bid Party. For years we had a team show up at the bid party and cater the entire thing for us. Another team sends us toys, someone else will send a keg. We've received some hilarious videos in the past, creative stories or poems, picturebooks - whatever you think will make a rowdy drunken crowd laugh and cheer and want to party with you. If you contribute to the bid party, we're confident you'll contribute to the big one when it matters most!
- New team bid. Every year we make sure that one new team that's never been gets to come, so don't be afraid to jump in and give it your shot, we've already stacked the deck in your favor!
- Long distance. If we can get anyone from west of the Mississippi, you're in, now, no questions asked!
Those are all just suggestions - feel free to do whatever you think would be fun. Please also understand that no matter how great you think your bid is, nothing is guaranteed. The reason we have the bid party is because not everyone can come. You may put a bunch of time and effort and/or money into your bid, and still not get in. We wish there were another way, but we only have so many fields and so many lobsters. But understand that if you don't get in, you are still making an important contribution to something that has become far bigger and better than any individual player or team, and it's all for an incredible cause - Maine Special Olympics. We've raised over $100,000 since we started in 1989, and we'll continue to push that higher with help from all of you.